What is Systematic Software Reuse?
Generally, Software reuse focuses on methodologies, technologies and tools that can be adapted to develop software products from previously developed software artifacts, including analysis models, requirements, architectural styles, design components and test cases. Some reuse techniques, such as software patterns, are less systematic and highly abstract and generic.
Systematic Software Reuse is the capability of an organization to obtain maximum profit from the experiences acquired in former projects.
Why choose Software Systematic Reuse?
- Improved productivity by as much as lOx
- Increased quality by as much as lax
- Decreased cost by as much as 60%
- Decreased labor needs by as much as 87%
- Decreased time to market (to field, to launch) by as much as 98%
At SECC we focus on systematic reuse via the implementation of the concept of product-line engineering. Software product-line (SPL) engineering presents an effective and practical technology that can be defined as: "a set of software-intensive systems sharing a common, managed set of features that satisfy the specific needs of a particular market segment or mission and that are developed from a common set of
core assets in a particular way".
Why will SECC offer me?
SECC offers 4 different Reuse services depending on the company request:
- Introduction to Systematic Reuse Training
- Reuse Check
- Reuse Invest
- Reuse-Software Product Line